- Leona E. Tyler
Leona E. Tyler (1095)
- Counselling, developmental, evaluation and measurement, general, theoretical and philosophical
- 1906, Chetek, Winsconsin, USA
- Short Biography
Leona Elizabeth Tyler (May 10, 1906 – April 29, 1993) was an American psychologist and President of the American Psychological Association in 1973.
More at Wikipedia
- BS University of Minnesota, 1925
- MS University of Minnesota, 1939
- PhD University of Minnesota, 1941
- Appointments & Honors
- Professor Emeritus, University of Oregon, 1955
- President, Oregon Psychological Association, 1956-7, Western Psychofogical Association, 1957-8
- APA, President Division 17, 1959-60, Board of Directors, 1966-8, 1971-4, Policy and Planning Board, 1968-70, President, 1972-3
- Hon. DHL, Linfield College, 1979
- APP award for distinguished contributions to psychology, 1990
- Consulting Editor, Personnel Guidance Journal, 1956-62
- Associate Editor, Journal of Counseling Psychology, 1954-66
- Editorial Consultant, Contemporary Psychology, 1966-75
- Editorial Committee, Annual Review of Psychology, 1972-6
- Editorial Board, Intelligence, 1977-84
- Principal Publications
- 1947 Psychology of Human Differences. Appleton- Century-Crofts (reprinted in 1956 and 1965).
- 1953 Work of the Counselor. Appleton-Century- Crofts (reprinted in 1961and1965).
- 1955 The development of 'vocational interests'. I. The organization of likes and dislikes in ten-year- old children. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 86, 33-44.
- 1959 Toward a workable psychology of individuality. American Psychologist, 14, 75-81.
- 1961 Research explorations in the realm of choice. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 8, 195-201.
- 1963 Tests and Measurements. Prentice Hall (reprinted in 1973 and 1983).
- 1964 The antecedents of two varieties of interest pattern. Genetic Psychology Monographs, 70, 177-227.
- 1972 Human abilities. Annual Review of Psychology, 23, 177-206.
- 1973 Design for a hopeful psychology. American Psychologist, 28, 1021-9.
- 1978 Individuality. Jossey-Bass.
- 1981 More stately mansions - psychology extends its boundaries. Annual Review of Psychology, 32, 1-20.
- 1983 Thinking Creatively: A New Approach to Psychology and Individual Lives. Jossey-Bass.