- Horace Romano Harré
Horace Romano Harré (989)
- Adult development and ageing, developmental psychology, personality and social, philosophical and theoretical, school psychology
- New Zealander
- 1927, Apiti, New Zealand
- Short Biography
Horace Romano Harré (/ˈhæreɪ/; born 1927), known widely as Rom Harré, is a distinguished British philosopher and psychologist.
More at Wikipedia
- BSc Auckland, 1948
- MA Auckland, 1952
- BPhil Oxford, 1956
- MA Oxford, 1960
- Appointments & Honors
- Fellow of Linacre College, Oxford
- University Lecturer in Philosophy of Science, Professor, Philosophy of Science, Oxford University, Adjunct Professor of the Philosophy of Social and Behavioural Sciences, SUNY Binghampton
- Principal Publications
- 1972 The Explanation of Social Behaviour. Blackwell (with P. F. Secord).
- 1979 Social Being: A Theory for Social Psychology. Blackwell.
- 1983 Personal Being: A Theory for Individual Psychology. Blackwell.
- 1991 Physical Being: A Theory for a Corporeal Psychology. Blackwell.
- 1994 The Discursive Mind. Sage (with G. Gillett).